Services held in the Market Place and shortly in Common Yard (a room at the back to the Town Hall).
The Meeting House in Cross Lane (a barn in Macklin Street).
Brookside Chapel (the first church on the corner of Victoria Street and Becketwell Lane).
The building considerably enlarged and new fronted.
The second church on this site.
The third building was dedicated to the greater glory of God. It was finally demolished in the Spring of 2021.
A Presbyterian Congregation was established in Derby in 1865 and met at the Athanaeum Rooms in Victoria Street, and soon began to plan a new church.
The new church was built in Green Lane and opened in 1869.The church closed in 1976 when it joined with Victoria Street Congregational Church and Normanton Road Congregational Church to form Derby Central United Reformed Church.
Normanton Road Congregational Church started life as a Preaching Station of Victoria Street Congregational Church, in a carpenter's shop in Regent Street.
Normanton Road church was opened, and in 1889 eventually became an independent chapel in its own right.
The church merged with the Green Lane and Victoria Street Churches to form Central United Reformed Church.
A union was formed on 5th October 1972 between the Congregational Church in England and Wales and the Presbyterian Church of England to form the United Reformed Church in England and Wales. On 5th October 1976, Green Lane, Normanton Road and Victoria Street Churches merged together, establishing the Central United Reformed Church.
On the demolition of Victoria House in 2020 we moved by about
100 metres to our present site in Green Lane, where we will be delighted to welcome you